Total manufacturing has been the ethos of Metaltech Precision Ltd as the extensive plant list illustrates. Turning, milling, grinding, fabricating, welding, painting, assembly and testing are all used to back up this service.
- Metaltech Precision Ltd are one of the largest sub-contract machining houses in the South West of England, now occupying over 50,000 sq/ft with 25 tonne overhead crainage, at our 4 acre site in Chard, Somerset.
- We specialise in the machining of high nickel exotics such as Inconel, Hastelloy & Monel along with Duplex & Titanium’s. Current turnover is £7.6 million.
- Metaltech employs over 80 staff. Our AS9100 Rev C, ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001 & BS OHSAS 18001 accreditation ensure that both quality and delivery are professionally handled. This is supported by our Syspro K3 MRP system. We have also been certified as Fit-For-Nuclear by the AMRC, Sheffield.
- A 6’s project has led to massive investment. A cellular/ lean manufacturing environment, factory floor air conditioning, solar panels (soon to be providing 25% of our power consumption), Biomass heating system, motion sensor lighting have all been implemented.
- Over 20,000 hrs of both turning and milling capacity available per month.
Recent machine tool investment has seen the introduction of a new Doosan TT2500SY, Doosan 220LMSA Twin spindle lathes and a Doosan DNM 350/5 AX 5 axis machining centre.